We're off to the vets again tomorrow, Lucky is very lame already on the leg with bone cancer and her overall health seems to have really nose dived. Considering it's supposed to be in the very early stages we are at a loss as to what is going on! for the first time in the 6 and half years she has lived with us she wasn't able to go for a walk yesterday. I know she's missing Jim terribly but even so we both feel something else is going on. We so relied on Jim to help us out with poorly dogs, apart from the fact he sniffed out the cancer on each hound before symptoms began to show he also would sniff out other problems and duly inform us. I felt so sad last night watching Eric walk two dogs (too cold for Gangley), just a month or two ago he was walking 6 dogs.
First time today we've had 4 eggs, so all hens except old Henrietta are now laying. I was convinced Bobbi the white one would lay white eggs but they're all brown so bang goes that theory!
Christmas tree is up, house decorated and even the outside lights are up. Usually we're running late in that department but after missing out last year what with being in hospital I decided to take no chances and get them up early LOL. last present has just been wrapped and all cards delivered. I even made my first ever Christmas cake this year before the operation, along with all the usual Christmas food which is in the freezer ready!so why i wonder do I still feel panicked about Christmas. I haven't started my JYC album yet but have made notes each day for the prompts.
Got Ben's birthday party on Wednesday 6 already, now where did that time go?
Now, I am the lucky recipients of a new award passed on to us by Beyrl and her Mum
Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve. As with any award, there is a bit of ceremony involved. In order to accept the award, we must do the following:
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs
And without further ado here are the five blogs I’ve chosen to pass this award on to:-
1. My cousin Sandra who combines her paper crafting with her other hobby sewing and making the most gorgeous projects. She has recently opened in Folksy selling beautiful lace.
2. My friend Jane, we met in cyber space as you do through scrapbooking and have been friends for several years now. We share many interests ans this year knowing how much I love watching her JYC unfold each each gave me a free pass she had won.
3. My friend Carol who I met through going to local crops. Carol is fantastic at altered art and often runs classes. Carol also works for DT's, her work is stunning and inspirational.
4. Sue is a relatively new friend, we came to meet in cyber space when introduced via the coast to coast walk my son did for Greyhound Gap. Sue has the most beautiful BLUE greyhound and we share a love of crafting as well as greyhound.
5. Is my friend Janina, Janina runs the Bramford crop and puts together wonderful kits for us each month, a very talented scrapper who in my opinion is under recognised! and needs to blog more!
I have done quite a lot of crafting recently but can't share wink wink....
We're going to the church tonight for Carols by candle light, it's always a lovely service and kind of reminds you what Christmas is really about!