Friday 18 October 2013

Great news!

Yesterday my Dad went back to hospital for results of many tests he's had throughout the summer and the good news is he's okay. We as a family have been so worried all year and now finally the dark cloud hanging over us has been lifted and he can also go ahead and see the hip surgeon and finally get his hip sorted out. I am a relieved and happy bunny!

I also had a hospital appt just routine check up and my arthritis consultant agreed with me that my right knee is on it's last legs (he thought that funny) but as I still have several hand operations planned we're hoping to nurse it along for a bit longer. Shall go back after next weeks op and have a steroid in the knee which hopefully will buy me some time.

Had a lovely day scrapping with Dawn today and scrapped this old photo of my Mum for my heritage album.


Have also finally finished designing and printing the book about this years walk. Now have to cut it all to size and mount it times two as Ned wants a copy as well. Going to make a start at crop tomorrow as I'll have more space to work with.








Hounds are all well and yesterday got in some sunbathing as we had a beautiful sunny mild day. Today is damp and dreary, suspect yesterday really was the last of summer. But it's been a good summer.

Lots of little jobs and loose ends to tie up next week and already feeling very anxious which is ridiculous I've done this so many times I really should have learnt to control my nerves by now LOL.

Grrrr was just putting the layout in the album and spotted a mistake in the journaling don't you just hate having to go back and correct something you thought was finished!

6 comments:

Sandra's Spot said...

Great LO Sue and perfect for that photo. Great news about Uncle Johm (your Dad) such a relief. Hugs Sandra xxx

What Remains Now said...

Great news about your dad and hopefully you'll be able to nurse your knee on a bit more. I have loved every one of the pages in your heritage album. Just the perfect look. The walk album is wonderful. I know all of the boys will treasure it forever. I can see it being pulled out many times over the years.

Sue said...

Really lovely LO. The Walk book is fab and such a lovely way to keep the memories alive.

So glad for your dad. Hope he get's his hip done soon.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to get stressed about Thursday. Shame they couldn't give you the jab in the knee then and get it over with.

Enjoy crop today.

genji said...

Great news about your dad. I'm not a perfectionist, so sometimes I just finish up and hope no one notices my little mistake :)

hotpotato said...

So pleased all is ok with your dad Sue. Now to concentrate on your self and your forthcoming ops.

Declan said...

Great news about your Dad. Deccy x