Monday 6 April 2009

What a lovely weekend

Sun was shining and a crop to go to, sometimes life is just perfect!!!

Had a great day at Bramford crop on Saturday and managed to spend to much as there was a Stampin Up demo. Didn't even finish one layout, how come everyone else seems to manage at least two!! anyway I finished it off yesterday when Eric went out for a bike ride for a couple of hours. He had a text from his friend and they both decided to down tools and take advantage of the lovely weather. Then in the evening we watched world superbikes so a great weekend.

This is the layout I finally finished, a school photo of Marc and Vikki in 1986, another one for Vikki's album. I had decided to scrap a photo of Ben at crop but as I was getting it ready I noticed this photo went perfectly with the scraps laying on my desk from the previous layout (okI hadn't tidied up)so ditched plan A and went to plan B LOL. Dawn had lent me her Scrapbooking mag and in it was a gorgeous LO by Stephanie Garbett with some lacing up on it, so I used that as the starting point and came up with this.




Papers are Daisy Bucket "Under the Boardwalk". I've used a Hambly screen print frame over the photo, the little letters are done on the PC inked and chalked (so much cheaper than buying them), lots of sewing, some rub ons from October After and 7 gypsies, basic grey buttons, a piece of green gingham ribbon I found when I was walking Gangley which (yes I washed it) was the exact colour of Vikki's school dresses so I pleated that and stuck buttons on it and finally I used the backing from a voila strip which I cut up (yes I know it's lifted on the photo) and added to the right hand bottom corner and above the photo.

Hen house is almost finished and we collect the girlies Friday afternoon woohoo....

No comments: