Sunday 21 October 2007

The OP

Well here I am having survived the dreaded op, in truth it all went very smoothly apart from having a GA and not the regional as arranged. The anaesthetist on duty Thursday didn't do regionals so what was the point in giving me the choice! The day unit was very clean and the nurses were lovely, I made my apologies in advance knowing the GA would make me sick and it did. But that was the only hiccup of the day. I went down at 2.30pm and was back on the ward at 4.30pm and finally managed to make my escape just before they closed at 8pm. The pain wasn't to bad as the surgeon gave me a nerve blocker which started to wear off Saturday morning and then the pain and after effects started to hit me and yesterday wasn't a great day but feeling a bit more with it today.

Back to hospital Thursday afternoon and hopefully they'll remove the plaster cast which is just supporting the underneath of my hand/wrist. Stitches should dissolve and surgeons thinks if the wrist is reasonably stable I may get away without it being fussed. And best of all I should be back to "normal" in a couple of weeks, which is quicker than I thought....

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great to hear that it all went smoothly.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.