Wednesday 20 May 2009

Fab weekend

Dawn and I set off at 10am and stopped off for lunch on the broads watching the boats and ducks and then carried on to the caravan site. By 12.45pm we had unpacked made the beds and were ready to start scrapping LOL. Weather was incredibly windy with lots of rain but the sun did come out in between the heavy rain showers. Not that it made any difference to us as we just scrapped, chilled and munched.

I managed 5 layouts and Dawn did 7! Back home yesterday only to be met by a very mediocre reception from the hounds, think the chickens were more pleased to see me LOL definitely sulky hounds LOL. Boy am I going to be in trouble when I disappear again tomorrow.

This was the last LO I did and ended up being my favourite. Photo of Vikki taken in 1997, pp from My Minds Eye.



This was the first LO of the weekend, pp from Crate papers and photo's are of Ben riding his quad bike a few weeks ago.



Then I spent hours sewing on this layout of Ranger, need to adjust a bit of the journalling which was done in haste and doesn't read quite right but it tells of his arrival here. PP from Bo Bunny.



I love this layout, the photo just seems to sum up the close bond between Eric and Ben, papers are scraps left over from a previous LO and are from Scenic Route.



And finally a class kit from Otley crop by Lesley with a few touches of my own. Papers are Basic Grey Marakech and the photo's well obvious really our first eggs from the girlies LOL.



Now I have to get sorted for hospital tomorrow! Hoping for day surgery but have been told to take a bag! anyway six weeks of being in plaster sounds fun right!

This week the team I'm in on UKS is setting the weekly challenge. This what we came up with

This year the Playtex Moonwalk took place in London on 16th May.
The Moonwalk, is one of a number of charity fundraisers which raises lots of money for breast cancer research. (see www.walkthewalk.org for more info). We are basing our challenge around this event.

use feet in your layout, a baby photo, sports day, a walk or some favourite shoes etc = 10pts
something round for the moon = 10pts
ribbon = 5pts
something pink = 5pts

and this was my example for people to see



Back in a few days.....

4 comments:

hotpotato said...

Hi Sue, glad you and Dawn had a fab weekend. All the best for tomorrow, hope all goes well.
Janina x

Jane said...

hope all goes well Sue, take care xx

Carol Plume said...

Sue

What fab layouts - so glad that you and Dawn had a good time. Aww look at that first piccie of Ranger...and how he looks now!!

Fingers crossed that all goes well tomorrow and that you're allowed home tomorrow night.

Take care and hope to see you soon xx

WeirdCat said...

having seen the why thread on UKS and seeing someone mention your blog, i thought I'd take a look and they were right, well worth a look, great LO's especially Fly Flots