Sunday 6 February 2011

Scrapped at last

Okay so it's been a while since I actually did a paper layout LOl, this one was designed by Janina for the Bramford crop she runs once a month and uses pp's from Cosmo Cricket "making plans"

As Dawn came over Friday to scrap and cut out and did the prep for it (took me ages because of hand) and then Saturday at crop I put it together. Photo is Ben in America with two of his cousins Gracie and Emily.



I have been busy on the digi front and made loads of cards, actually all my cards right up to April are done LOL. This one was made using Dawn Inksips digi kit Making tracks and is for Dawn's (different Dawn) grandson who will be two in April.



Lucky has had yet more tests and finally cushings has been ruled out, the other tests were of course inconclusive but her vet and we agree thinks she has an under active thyroid, so we've started her on the drugs. They will take several weeks to have any effect if indeed any but if we are on the wrong track they won't do her any harm. Poor old ducks has looked so old and tired lately, we just want to see her back to her normal happy bouncy self.

As to my wrist.................... and knee..............

Knee is much better, had a steroid in it two weeks ago and yay I can walk again, not perfect but hey walking is good....

Monday evening my wrist started to swell and then became very red and burning up (and up till that point I had had no problems at all), Tuesday morning a bubble of something nasty appeared over a section of the scar, so when we got to the hospital (appt to assess if I was well enough for surgery on 10th) I was sent straight off for emergency bloods. Anyway they also managed to drain loads of fluid out which has gone off for testing, bloods show very high white blood count and the arthritis count is through the roof again. Operation to fuse on the 10th now looks iffy as they have to find out what's going on with the fluid, the surgeon has kept my slot open as he may have to operate again on the bit done on October and December. Wrist needs fussing urgently to stop this fluid keep coming back but can't be done whilst it is as it is if that makes sense, so now we're in a vicious circle.

I'm  the surgeon tomorrow lunchtime to see what's happened with the fluid that has gone off to the lab, so fingers crossed all is well and I get the op Thursday.....would be nice if just for once a little good luck came this way LOL....


2 comments:

Jane said...

love the card and layout Sue, good to see you able to do some craft again. Hope both you and Lucky are soon feeling a bit better x

Winnie said...

Love the LO, the colours are fab. The card is really cute too! Praying for you and Lucky to get better soon!