Sunday 10 June 2007

This weeks effort


at a design collective class .. another Karen Miller class. The object to learn paper folding... wasn't sure whether to attempt this one as I thought it looked really complicated but in the end had a go. In hindsight I should have thought about it more and not chosen such a thick paper but it was the one I wanted and worked well with the photo's of me and Lucky. Had to free hand draw a heart shape then glue the paper strips into place not to hard BUT stitching it onto the paper was tortuous LOL ended up having to Pierce the holes first. I am really pleased with the end result of the heart but of course messed up at the end and decided the LO needed something else. I used some nasty cheap rub ons which looked really naff and ended up having to cover them up with the strips of paper. Oh well .live and learn. Tomorrow brings a whole new set of classes.

I've used Dream Street papers (near and Dear) Cameron and Corey, prima flowers and a few felts hearts. The title was cut on the CR.

We've had a good weekend,I had a wander round town Saturday morning with Dawn, then a BBQ at our sons Marc in the afternoon. Little Ben was in good form and delighted his Grandad was back from his hols. Ben can be a picky eater these days but whatever Eric eats Ben has to eat as well, it's so funny to watch.

Have to seriously get thinking about next weekend as Dawn and I are off for a long weekend away. We plan to scrap scrap scrap and eat loads of Maltesers...

No comments: