Friday 9 January 2009

I scrapped

Finally after what seems forever I've managed to do a layout. Started it Wednesday and finished it off Thursday when Dawn came over to resume our normal Thursday scrap days. Think I may have driven her nuts keep asking, can you hold this, can you open this LOL.

I scrap lifted it from Jane my team leader on UKS. Jane used a kit from a Sarah Davies here. My papers were from a kit from Papermaze December crop and a few scraps thrown in. I had made a Christmas card for Eric using 3 small trees grouped together and half had the idea already and it fitted the photo of taking Ben to see the Christmas lights being switched on perfectly.



I have my first published layout in Scrapbook Inspirations this month, chuffed am I. I made this layout to record Mum and Dad enjoying the first dance at their 50th wedding anniversary party to their tune of Unchained Melody.




Going to Bramford crop tomorrow, nothing prepared YET but it will be great to actually go out, tablets are taking the edge off the pain but leave me feeling spaced out LOL so guess I won't get much done other than chatting. I haven't managed to make my usual contribution of malteser tray bake but think maybe this is a good thing as most of us will be on diets LOL..

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love both of your layouts Sue.
The one of your mum and dad has so much texture to it - lots to look at.
I love the cluster of trees on the first LO amd also the colour scheme used.
I left a message for you on the DC thread to say that as soon as I received my copy of SI this morning I went straight to the reader's gallery!!

Carol Plume said...

Suzy well done on being published! its a fab layout too...

Great to see you out and about yesterday! hope that the hand is bearing up today.

See you Saturday, xx