Friday 30 November 2012

Gangley's 4th gottcha day!

  Four years ago I innocently added to a thread on greyhound gap asking which do you prefer, greyhound, lurchers or whippets. I said I love greyhounds because ........................ I love lurchers because ................... can't comment on whippets as I've never had one!

Less than 48 hours later Lisa (founder of GG) rang and said she needed a special home for a whippet, a well hard northern whippet I was told.

Eric went and collected her from Lisa's and we were told not to turn her into a southern wimp    for the first 6 months she spent her time looking out the window waiting to be rescued from these horrible humans that wouldn't give her human food, then she decided she would just have to stay and train us.

Gangley is one of a kind and dances to her own tune, she is the oddest dog I have ever had but we love her dearly and wouldn't be without her and sorry Lisa she is such a southern wimp now with her own wardrobe of jumpers for cold days and blankets to be wrapped up in


It's been an interesting 4 years Gangley you are such a complex little lady and 7.5kgs of pure attitude but we love you loads









Orin is doing well and is now allowed to have walks, back to vets to check him over tomorrow and then Wednesday he should have his stitches out.

Done another page of Sandy this time for Eric's christmas prezzie, still have 10 dogs to go!


4 comments:

What Remains Now said...

All pictures of Princess Gangley are precious, but that first one sent me over the edge.

Sue said...

Gangley is lovely and I am glad she came South:)

Fab LO. Eric is going to be stunned when he getts the album.

Glad Orin is doing well.

Declan said...

They've been trying to turn me into a well 'ard nothern greyhound... that hasn't worked either! Deccy x

Declan said...

They've been trying to turn me into a well 'ard nothern greyhound... that hasn't worked either! Deccy x