Monday 20 February 2012

Lucky

Lucky became quite unwell yesterday and at 4am this morning Eric had to rush her to the vets.

They have x rayed her chest and found it to be full of tumours, which weren't there in December.

So despite the chemo the cancer has spread and is very aggressive.

Lucky is back home but the vet doesn't think she will have much time left, maybe a week.

We had hoped and prayed the chemo would buy her good quality time as the stats seemed to indicate, having lost 5 other greyhounds to Osteosarcoma even we are shell shocked at the speed of this.

Sue

7 comments:

Sue said...

So sorry that the chemo hasn't worked.

Song and I are sending you all hugs.

genji said...

Sad news! We too send hugs your way.

Angela J. said...

I'm so sorry to hear that...our thoughts are with you and we send big hugs too.

Hiking Hounds said...

I'm so sorry that this happened and the chemo couldn't stop the spread. I'm glad Lucky is home with you and I'm sure she knows how much you love her. Sending you all lots of love.

Karen leonard said...

Too sad...thinking of you. xxxxx

What Remains Now said...

I'm so sorry. Thinking of Lucky and your whole family. So sorry and so sad.

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Absolutely awful news. I've been through this sort of thing with other dogs. My heart goes out to you, your family and of course, Lucky. I know you will make the most of every minute you have left together and when the time comes Lucky will leave with dignity, respect and knowing she is deeply loved.