Friday 20 January 2012

Fed up!


Just back from seeing the surgeon and not good news at all! Whilst he is really pleased with 3 of the knuckles and the bend they have the 4th (index finger with ruptured tendons) he isn’t happy with at all and says it has to come out, have bone shaved off and a new knuckle implant!!!! Surgery booked for 22nd March, which means the operations to repair ruptured tendons, won’t take place until after June.

I really thought I would get a date today to repair tendons and finally get rid of the 2 sticky out fingers that don’t bend. So I guess me and the sticky out fingers had better get used to at least another 6 months of not having much use in the hand. 

Poor Surgeon was really  upset for me and said he would do it on day surgery and be first on the list, mainly because he wants a sterile theatre because of the risk of infection with implants and it does give me the best chance of getting home that day as well.

There's either a major hissy fit coming or tears LOL....good job I have crop and Incoming to look forward to tomorrow.

8 comments:

Gem's Crafts said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear that there is going to be a delay with your hand Sue :(

What Remains Now said...

Sue...that's lousy news. I say give it a good scream and cry.

Jane said...

so sorry for you Sue xx

Declan said...

Oh that is a real shame. What a nightmare for you. Have a good cry into Lucky's neck :-) Deccy x

Sue said...

Sending you hugs (((Sue))). I know you are disappointed.

I hope the op in March goes ahead ok and everything heals up quickly.

Angela J. said...

So to hear that - I say a good scream and temper tantrum is in order.

Hiking Hounds said...

I'm so sorry, how frustrating. That seems like a long time to wait. Do you have rheumatoid arthritis? My mom has it and has had many surgeries, some in her hands. I hope you are feeling a little better.

Sue said...

Visit mny blog to pick up an award.